Thursday, July 10, 2014

DIY Bachelorette Tank Tops


Hey all!  If you didn't already know for my Bachelorette Party the girls and I went on a 3 day cruise.  I wanted to get something super cutesy for my gal pals to strut around in.  I wanted them all to match so that everyone on the cruise knew that we meant business!  I looked around online for cute bachelorette tanks and all were at least $17 PER tank top.  Considering I needed a total of 5+, that would have cost me around $85 not including the shipping and tax. Soooo not gonna happen.

I opted for a more affordable option, DIY.  I had some stencils around the house, a paintbrush and acrylic paint.  First I layed out the letters on the Tank top and taped the edges so that when I began painting, they would hold in place.  Add some glitter, let it dry, and you have yourself HANDMADE bachelorette tanks that are not only affordable ($5 per tank + paint (already had) + paintbrush) but UNIQUE and one of a kind!   Total cost per shirt if you didn't already have paint and paintbrushes would probably come out to around $6 each, totaling to $30 for 5 shirts.






COST if I were to buy these     $85
COST I actually spent            -  $30
Total saved:                            $55

I also had an idea to make some matching tote bags the girls could take to the pool on our cruise.  I found these plain bags at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 each.  What a steal, right?  Add some paint with the help of a few stencils and BOOM - you got yourself a cute, unique bag for the girls to take by the pool.

{I found some cute ones online that were @ minimum $15 per bag.  That would have cost me @ least $75, but because I did them myself, it only cost me $10 for a total of 5 bags!



The fabulous shirts in action:

My gorgeous bridesmaid in her tank!


The ladies before the cruise!!


Entire project (Shirt + Bag)
If I would have purchased:    $160
Actual cost I paid:                    $  40
Amount saved:                      $120

I think I'm going to like this whole DIY stuff.

Here is what I put inside of the bags for the girls:
*Personalized coozie (via Etsy)
*Clear Plastic Mason Jars filled with Advil, Bachelorette name tags, beads & whistles, and penis straws of course!
*Personalized tank tops 
*Personalized fake "boarding passes" with our cruise schedule
Enter the giveaway I have running here.

P.S. Two more days till our wedding!!! EEEEEeeeekkkkKKK!!!

Pin Bachelorette Sash at Bachelorette.com

9 comments:

  1. The shirts turned out adorable! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super cute! You girls look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this with us! Some really amazing features. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. It really gives me an insight on this topic. Here tank top you can find more important information and bodybuilding clothing item.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Silly question.. what kind of stencil did you use? Each letter separate? They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you buy the tank tops??

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are providing great information.

    Display your casual best in the form of wearing Tank Tops which are really trending these days.

    https://www.crazybeta.com/women/collections/tank-tops

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice clothing styles. My sister bought many dark colored tank tops and yoga pants for gym sessions. Loved all the styles and even tried them many times. Everyone in my class praises about their perfect fit. Will shop them soon. She also got some coupons on last order. Will use them this time.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<